Hi all,
Since I'll be out of town quite a bit this quarter, I thought a blog space would be a good way to keep communication about class activities and due dates clear. I'll plan to post an update each week, and I encourage you to check the site weekly (and also check it on days you or I are not in class) to see if there are any updates, additions, or clarifications.
As you can see, the syllabus and course schedule are also posted on this site, so you have a way to access course information should you lose your copy during the quarter.
This week, I'd like you to check out the WOIS link listed under "Resources." The WOIS is a handy career tool that will provide you lots of helpful information about your career of interest and, for those of you who are undecided about your future careers, it has a variety of questionnaires to help you see what careers fit well with your personality, interests, and workplace values.
Outside of class this week, I'd like you to make a contact with a person or workplace in your field of interest that you can interview or job shadow during Week #2 or Week #3. You'll use what you learn from this meeting to develop your essay #1 (which I'll introduce to you by Friday) and possibly some information from this interview or job shadow can be used in your essay #2 as well. (NOTE: you also have the option of visit a four-year college campus if you don't want to explore your career(s) options.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment